Welcome to the Perinatal Mental Health Service Matrix
The PMH Matrix enables services to benchmark against the NICE Quality Standards QS115 and the Royal College of Psychiatrists Workforce standards (CR197). Outputs are displayed on a dashboard once data has been entered.
Do I have to pay?
No, the PMH Matrix is free to use.
How do I access the matrix?
- Your team should have a named contact. If you do not have a registered contact, please email email@example.com to request access and then complete the registration form.
- A nominated person for each service (maternity, health visiting, IAPT, adult mental health and specialist perinatal mental health) is responsible for completing the audit quarterly.
- Processes for identification and randomisation of case records and case-note review should be decided by each service depending on their clinical record systems.
- All participants are encouraged to liaise closely with the Thames Valley SCN Perinatal Mental Health network when using the matrix.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or comments.
How often should data be entered?
The matrix should be updated on a quarterly basis during the financial year (responding for the preceding quarter).
How is the matrix laid out?
Section one asks for information about the responder and the service (no information is needed for maternity and health visiting services).
Section two asks for information about the perinatal mental health workforce for each service to meet Royal College of Psychiatrists workforce standards
Section three asks for information about service provision and meeting NICE quality standards.
NICE Endorsement Statement
This audit tool supports statements 1-6 in the NICE quality standard for antenatal and postnatal mental health.
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
Endorsement statement for resource producer (E162)